Thursday, January 25, 2018

Gray hairs

I finally have got my long awaited gray hairs coming in. I'm so excited! And the 2 people I have shown them to, look at me as if I were an alien. Sigh. I've always wanted gray hair.  I think it is so beautiful. And mine are coming in all white and shimmery, which I knew would happen. Not sure why we must cling to youth and anything but being young and perfect is seen as bad. Why can't we embrace all the different changes in life? Why don't we celebrate arriving in our 40's as the accomplishment it is? How many people didn't make it here?

Why don't we celebrate the milestones of reaching those older ages? The scars, the gray hairs, the wrinkles, the sagging body parts.. each one has a story behind it. Each ones has built us up to be the person we are now.  Why is youth and staying there the sign of achievement? Personally, I would never want to be in my 20's again. It was hard. And I almost didn't make it out.

I think I will celebrate more those scars, the gray hairs, the wrinkles and sags. At least by myself, in my bedroom, alone. (Well, I might share the gray hairs cause those really make me happy..  )

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I bet they're GORGEOUS!! If you're excited about them, I'll totally be excited for you!! Especially since they make you happy. Anything that makes you happy is worth throwing a parade for!

    ReplyDelete