Sunday, January 28, 2018

The good stuff

Many years ago, a dear friend told me I am the type that prefers the good stuff in small amounts as compared to large amounts of the cheap stuff. I didn't believe her. We are taught to make due with what we have, be grateful for the small things. I translated this to mean you need to settle for the cheap stuff, settle for the scraps you are given and be happy with it. I never was.
Lately, I have started a new diet. You eat what you like minus junk food but stop eating at 3. You drink water or zero calorie drinks after 3 only.  It sounded hard but I was excited. I have not struggled 1 day with this diet. I even gave myself a cheat day. We got pizza from the Pie. And I found myself not eating after 3. I also discovered that she was right. I like the good stuff. That pizza was the same price as the "cheap" kind. And it was so much better. I was more satisfied with a smaller portion than if we had just got Papa John's or Dominos.
So, now I am done settling. I like the good stuff. I like the high end chocolates, the gourmet raviolis, the amazingly good pizza. I would rather pay for the expensive stuff and enjoy every bit of the small portion then have lots of the icky crap. And I will no longer apologize for having expensive tastes. This is who I am. Call me a snob. Call me a princess. I don't care. I will enjoy the finer things. I will expect a higher standard. And I will no longer deny that party of me.
(Btw, I've lost about 4 lbs in this new diet. I've been doing it for just under a week)

No comments:

Post a Comment